1. What is Automated Robotic Parking?
2. What can the Patron (driver) expect?
3. What benefits are there to using a Automated Garage?
4. How long does it take to retrieve a car?
5. How reliable is a Automated Parking System?
6. What happens during an electrical failure?
7. What if the computer system crashes?
8. Can a car ever get stuck inside the Automated Parking System?
9. How many parking spaces can be built with a Automated Parking System?
10. What type of cars can a Automated System accommodate?
11. What is the average operational life of equipment before major repairs or replacement of the key elements in the system are required?
12. Can I be sure that nothing will get (drip) on my car (oil, water, etc.) from the vehicle above me?
1. What is Automated Robotic Parking?Automated parking garages rely on technology similar to what is used in manufacturing and warehouse facilities worldwide for cost effective movement of materials, pallets, etc. The Automated Parking Garage uses computer-controlled vertical lifts and horizontal shuttles or roboticvalets (ACPS) to transport vehicles from an arrival area to a remote compartment for storage withouthuman assistance. TOP
2. What can the Patron (driver) expect?A patron’s experience of an automated parking structure begins as the patron drives into an enclosed entry drop-off bay and parks, aligning their vehicle with the help of sensors and lasers. The patron gathers their belongings and exits the vehicle. The patron takes a ticket from a kiosk machine or uses a smart card outside the compartment, triggering the compartment door to close. When exiting, the patron goes to a centralized location (waiting room) places the ticket into a kiosk or scan smart card and the system retrieves the vehicle. An interface informs the patron which exit compartment the vehicle will be returned to. The patron loads belongings and drives out forward. TOP
3. What benefits are there to using a Automated Garage?Fit twice as many vehicles or more in the same space utilized for a conventional garage or use half or less the real estate space for the same number of cars. Other benefits can be realized by less excavation for below grade garages or more leasable/sellable square footage for above ground garages. Many green aspects are inherent to Automated Garages such as, additional open space for parks, etc.,elimination of carbon emissions, no water/oil runoff, etc. In addition to the smaller building size and increased parking capacity, Automated Parking Systems virtually eliminates vandalism, theft, weather damage, misplaced vehicles and provide a valet type experience when parking your vehicle. TOP
4. How long does it take to retrieve a car?Most Automated Parking Systems tout retrieval times of 2-3 minutes. However depending on type of system, technology and configuration this number could vary when several people arrive at the same time requesting vehicles from the same area of the garage. I will be more than happy to provide a throughput analysis on a case by case basis. TOP
5. How reliable is a Automated Parking System?Automated Parking Systems provides true redundancy with multiple elements controlling the same process to provide alternatives in case of a component failure. TOP
6. What happens during an electrical failure?Most Automated Parking Systems are equipped with a stand-by generator in sufficient capacity to get the job done if or when there is a power failure. An automatic transfer switch ensures a seamless transition to stand-by power within 6 seconds. TOP
7. What if the computer system crashes?Most Automated Parking Systems servers are not only equipped with UPS (Uninterruptable Power Supply), but also with a true hot swappable redundant server that has all information instantly available to continue seamless operation. TOP
8. Can a car ever get stuck inside the Automated Parking System?Automated Parking Systems are designed from the very beginning with exactly this in mind, how to overcome any possible machine failure so the car can be retrieved no matter what the situation. Different systems take longer than others to rectify the situation. This design point is represented in the system architecture, its redundancies and flexibilities. TOP
9. How many parking spaces can be built with a Automated Parking System?Due to the modular flexibility of the Automated Parking Systems, automated parking structures are designed and built for a few as 10 spaces to thousands of parking spaces. The Robotic Valet technology has no limit on the amount of cars that can be parked within the conventional structure. TOP
10. What type of cars can a Automated System accommodate?Most Automated Parking systems are designed to accommodate standard vehicles including most SUV’s having a max length of 19’ (5791mm) and width of 7’6” (2286mm) with heights and weights that very from system to system. Also most companies can accommodate any size vehicles with modifications. TOP
11. What is the average operational life of equipment before major repairs or replacement of the key elements in the system are required?Depending on the type of system, overhaul should be carried out after 12-15 years of operation. Basically, lifetime of a Automated Parking System is comparable to the lifetime of the building. TOP
12. Can I be sure that nothing will get (drip) on my car (oil, water, etc.) from the vehicle above me?In a pallet based system every car is placed on specially designed pallet, which excludes the possibility of any liquid dripping on the car, located on the level below. Most pallet-less systems usually use solid concrete floors eliminating this occurrence. TOP